Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Whey...to go?

Corny...I know. I fermented a couple jars of salsa with whey and a couple jars of carrots with brine. The carrots I made to be spicy with jalapeno peppers aren't and the carrots I made with garlic are? I'm kind of wondering...why?

They are in the fridge and we've started having a little with meals. They are pretty good, in the future I'm planning to use whey mainly and go lighter on the salt. Much better for the blood pressures and I liked the flavor the whey, better.

I was able to get a food grade plastic bucket donated to my on going learning, so sauerkraut is in the plan. Once it gets a little cooler here it will be time to make it and it can be stored in the basement.

Working on any new skills this summer?





3 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your comment on the Cold Antler Blog and thought I'd visit a fellow Washingtonian and say hello. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly Ann, I left you a message on your blog listed, but I don't know if you are still using it. Thanks for coming by my beginning blog! What part are you from East or West?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ducky!
    Thanks for your nice comment tonight. I really appreciate it. Are you enjoying your ferments?

    I don't know if you are interested but I will have a Kombucha SCOBY available to share in the next week or so. It's another fun ferment/culture. Let me know if you are interested. Or if not now in the future.

    ReplyDelete