Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mini Garden

Since the house up for sale, this is not the year to attempt a big garden plan. So, I've started a box indoors with lettuce, radishes and green onions. The lack of light here doesn't seem to help them out any. They sprouted well, but seem to be a little slow in maturing. They may get there with a little more time.

Outside I've started two 1' square planters. The first has corn, small white beans and hopefully a zucchini, the other is tomato, lettuce, radishes and green onion seeds. Its just a small drop in the bucket of veggies we will eat this summer, but there is something incredibly exciting in putting little tiny seeds into the ground and watching them become bigger, colorful, fragrant and individual in there taste and shapes. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to watch, when they sprout and spread their little leaves in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I love having a garden. I have never produced very much but my youngest daughter and I put one in every year even if it is just pots on the porch. My challenge is always tomatoes. I'm hoping they grow better in WY than they did for me in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete